17 March 2020
“I lift my eyes to the hills-from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made
heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
Dear Members of the Body of Christ at Faith Lutheran,
In this unprecedented time in our country, we are all seeking to find ways to protect ourselves and
others from contracting the Corona Virus. This has led our church staff and council to make
decisions which we would have never imagined we would ever have to consider, including a
suspension of on-site worship and activities at Faith. These decisions have been made to protect
the health of our members and our neighbors, especially those most vulnerable to the possibility of
Doing our part to flatten the curve of the Covid 19 virus, want you to all be aware of the following
things that affect our life together at Faith Lutheran Church. For the time being…
● On-site worship at Faith will be suspended. We will, however, make use of computer and
technology resources to assist in our worship together.
● On-site activities at Faith will be suspended. This includes Bible Studies, social gatherings,
meetings, and rental of our facilities.
● The staff is exploring ways to facilitate some of our ministries by means of technology.
● We will continue to provide pastoral care in a manner that seeks to be faithful and yet limits
the possibility of spreading the virus. If you have a pastoral care need, please call the
church office at 320-796-2522. Faith will soon be reaching out by phone to those members
who are in the higher-risk categories.
● Praise and Play Preschool will follow the guidance of the New London Spicer school district
and follow the districts closing policy.
● Our primary means of communicating about our ministry will be through the Faith
Happenings Email, the Faith Lutheran Web page, www.faithspicer.org, and The Faith
Lutheran Facebook page. Our hope is to have a daily video presence on the Faith Facebook
page to offer words of encouragement and support.
All of us at Faith plays a role in continuing and strengthening our ministry in this challenging time.
Here are some things we are asking from you…
● If you are able, please sign up for the Faith Happenings email blast by emailing us at
email@example.com. If you are on Facebook, like the Faith Lutheran Facebook page. We
also encourage you to like and share all posts and announcements on the Faith Facebook
● If you do not have computer access, please call the office so we may place you on a specific
calling list for the church. When changes occur and announcements are made, a volunteer
will contact you.
● Our ministry is solely supported by your offerings. We encourage you to sign up for Simply
Giving, there is a link on our web page, or please use the mail-in option for your offering. If
you need assistance with enrolling in Simply Giving please call the church office and we will
help walk you through the process.
● We could use your assistance in making phone calls to check in with your fellow members
of Faith. If you are willing to make such calls please email or call the church office.
We invite you to be in prayer for our congregation. We invite you to set a daily alarm on
your phone for 3:10 PM, which is the building number for Faith and offer a prayer for
people in the congregation, the church staff, and those who are on our prayer list.
At our Monday morning staff meeting, we began our meeting sharing Psalm 121. In the Psalm,
we heard the promise that God is our help and our strength. We know that God will continue to
help and strengthen our church family as we walk together in faith and support one another in
Your Servants In Christ,
Pastor Todd Nelsen
Pastor Seyward Ask